Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Back from the Dead.

Hello readers.

I do apologize for not posting anything for.. wow. 9 months!
Well this blog is coming back from the dead.
Starting with my new bike. As you can tell i am a huge fan of cruisers and vintage bikes, they are not too practical when it comes to daily commuting. Sure they look amazing, but two hours a day on ape hangers gets a little old.
So i ended up trading in my 2007 Electra Rat Rod for a 3G Major Fixie Soft Gold.
Never heard of it? Neither have I, be it that i am new to the fixie scene.
3G Bikes is a company based out of Long Beach, California, so I'm happy to support a local California Company.
But they also have some really cool looking cruisers and fixies, so be sure to check them out at www.3gbikes.com.

So anyways, here are some pictures of my new 3g fixie. I really, really, really like it. It's light, fast, and fun. If this is going to be a true review of the 3g major fixie, i'm going to have to say what i don't like about this bike.
First of all, the seat. Half of it is made out of cheap plastic. Literally, just plastic. So, if you get one of these bikes, the seat is probably going to be the first things you are going to want to swap out.
Another thing i wasn't happy with was the flip flop hub. Or the lack there of.
So if you don't feel like riding fixie for a day, you're going to have to go to your LBS and pick up a free wheel.
Other than that, i really like my new 3g major fixie. The color is really cool too, the pictures you see do not do it justice.
Anyways, thank you for reading, and i will be working on bringing this blog back to life with some interesting reads for all you out there.
If you have any questions about my 3g fixie or any of my other bikes, please ask.
Also you can follow me on twitter now @chrisdmariscal.

Check out the pictures of my new 3g Major Fixie in soft gold:


Here you can see the fixed gear and the free wheel sprocket..


The head badge on here is really cool also. One of the best bike badges i've ever seen.

1 comment: